- Competitive Membership: $65.00 (CFF License Affiliation Fee of $22.50 is included)
- Associate Membership: $30.00 (CFF License Affiliation Fee of $22.50 is included)
Associate Membership Required (at minimum)
- All club members that participate in any fencing activities (sanctioned or non-sanctioned) through an affiliated AFA club must at minimum have an Associate Membership.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have purchased this membership or have your club register you on your behalf.
- Memberships are required for training in-club, as well as, competition at local, regional, provincial, and/or national competitions.
**Registration is valid on an annual basis for the full fencing season, September 1st – August 31st. You must renew your AFA membership/CFF License each year.
Please refer to each membership type below to determine which membership you require or visit the FAQ section below if you have any questions.
New AFA Members
- If you are a new member, fill out the GOALLINE form, as necessary.
Returning AFA Members
Access Code Required!
**To renew your license, you will be required to use an access code to proceed through with your registration.
- The access code was provided to you when you first registered through GOALLINE.
- If you are a returning member and have forgotten your access code, please use the link, “What’s my Access Code?” , to retrieve it.
- Note: that the retrieval email is currently set to send to the Emergency Contact by default.
- If you have any difficulty retrieving the access code, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
**New CFF license holders will be provided with an access code upon confirmation and this should be kept on file for future reference.
Return to top
- Allows the member to take part in all Alberta Fencing Association sanctioned and non-sanctioned events, as well as, Canadian Fencing Federation sanctioned tournaments. Canadian Fencing Federation tournaments hosted within Alberta require a Competitive Membership for all events.
- A new competitive member is awarded an AFA passport number and a CFF license number upon payment of the required fee. The AFA passport number must be renewed every fencing season, and will be renewed upon payment of the required fee.
- A competitive member will be registered with the CFF, and will be included in CFF Domestic rankings.
- CFF Ranked Competitive members are eligible for funding support for travel through the Athlete Development Program, and funding for coaching and referee development.
*To register for a Competitive Membership please click here.
*To check for your CFF license number, click here.
Please note that you are required to purchase a membership at least 72 hours prior to a competition. You are advised to bring a paper copy of your receipt to all competitions in case you are asked to verify your membership status.
- This level is for those who are new to fencing or do not want to compete. Recreational Members.
- Available for those who participate in club practices, compete in non-sanctioned events only, coaches, officials, or any other supporter.
- Any non-sanctioned competitive events will not be included in the CFF rankings Individuals in this membership category also actively participate in the club’s fencing classes and in-house tournaments.
- This membership category also includes any individual who takes part in a clinic, camp or class hosted by the club. The clinic, camp or class may take place at the club or at another venue (i.e. schools, community league, recreational facilities, etc.).
- This category also includes volunteers, family members, executive members, and coaches/officials who wish to support the Association.
- You MUST have an Associate membership at a minimum if joining a fencing club.
To register for an Associate Membership please click here.
To check for your CFF license number, click here.
**Please Note: that you are required to purchase a membership at least 72 hours prior to a competition. You are advised to bring a paper copy of your receipt to all competitions in case you are asked to verify your membership status.
OFFICIALS and ARMOURERS $15 Add-On
Please check off if you are an official or an armourer along with your license, this helps tremendously to keep our database of referees updated.
To register for a Coach or Official membership, please click here.
To check for your CFF license number, please click here.
**Please Note: You are required to purchase a membership at least 72 hours prior to a competition. You are advised to bring a paper copy of your receipt to all competitions in case you are asked to verify your membership status.
Ranking Linked to License Number
Please Note: Your ranking is linked with your license number. This means that if you already have a license, and you register under a new license number, you will lose all your previous ranking points. If you wish to correct the error after registering under an incorrect license number, there may be fees payable to the CFF.
Visit www.fencing.ca for more information.Return to top
Membership – Frequently Asked Questions
What is my Access Code?
If you are a returning member and have forgotten your access code, please use the link, "What’s my Access Code?" , to retrieve it.
What is my CFF License Number?
Use this form to find your CFF license number.
I just want to participate in club events. What membership do I need?
If you are just starting out, you will be fine with the Associate membership. If you are ready to compete outside of your club, you will need the Competitive membership. Please see the information provided above on the benefits of upgrading your membership.
Where does my membership money go?
We depend on membership dollars to educate coaches and referees, plan programs, fund athlete programs and do the work of the organization. The Alberta Government is currently recognizing the importance of sport by increasing availability of funds but the amount of money granted depends heavily on membership numbers. Most programs are subsidized by membership dollars.
I am a volunteer at my club and help out occasionally. Why do I need a membership?
Membership in the AFA shows a commitment and appreciation for a sport that gives us so much. It boosts our numbers to help us become eligible for increased grant money and makes us more attractive to sponsors. This is a way you can help the general fencing community as well as your club. Thank you for everything you do for fencing!
Do I get a new CFF number every year?
NO!! A CFF number will be issued to you when you initially register for your license. You will keep this number for subsequent years. Use the same name version on your membership application and renewals as you use for all competition registrations and communication to the AFA and CFF. Using different variations could lead to the issuing of double CFF numbers which will be problematic for ranking. If you can’t remember which name you used, you can check your information here or email: email@example.com
I am a coach (official) but also a competitive athlete. Do I need to register twice?
No. Your Competitive Membership will cover both. Please be sure to indicate that you coach or officiate even if you are not certified. This helps keep our records accurate.
Return to top