The by-laws were changed as follows:
Section 6 of the By-laws changed as:
- Club Members must designate an individual to receive notices and to represent the Club at Meetings of the AFA. In the absence of such designation, the designate will be the Club President. Any Club or individual member may attend the Annual General Meeting and may, by invitation, attend meetings of the Board of Directors. In the event that a club’s designated representative is unable to attend a Meeting of the AFA, with two weeks advance notice received in writing by the Executive Director, a club’s vote may be authorized to another voting member of the AFA as a proxy.
Section 7 of the by-laws changed as:
- Any Member wishing to withdraw from AFA may do so upon notice to the Executive Director. If any Member is in arrears for fees for any year, that Member shall be suspended automatically as soon as the fees are in arrears and shall thereafter be entitled to no membership privileges or powers in the AFA until reinstated. Any Member upon an affirmative vote of three quarters (3/4) of the members of the Board of Directors of the AFA may be expelled from membership for any cause which the Board may deem reasonable.
Section 10 of the by-laws changed as:
- Directors shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting by representatives of the Club Members present at the meeting via separate individual resolutions and shall be elected for a term of 1 year.
A director must meet all of the following qualifications:
- be at least 18 years old;
- not have been declared incapable by a court in Canada or in another country;
- be an individual (i.e., a corporation cannot be a director); and
- not be in bankrupt status.
The after the current section 23, the following new section 24 be placed. Subsequent bylaw numbers changed with the current section 24 to start as section 25 and on. The new section 24 to reads as:
- Directors elected at the Annual General Meeting may appoint additional directors between annual meetings to hold office for a term that must expire on or before the next annual meeting of members. This is permitted as long as the total number of appointed directors is not more than one-third of the number of directors elected at the previous annual meeting and the motion is approved by 3/4 of the existing Directors.